Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Correction.

If you read the FoxNews transcript of "Cavuto on Business" from this weekend, you see the following series of comments:

FOX on the Spots

Jim Rogers: U.S. invades Venezuela to "restore democracy."

Meredith Whitney: Congress softballs Social Security to play baseball hardball!

Herman Cain: Personal retirement accounts pass within 2 years.

Ben Stein: Forget scandals! Market is oversold & ripe for buying!

Gregg Hymowitz: Interest rates rise; more risk in the market.

Neil Cavuto: Oil stocks. I think they're priced for nirvana and there's nowhere for them to go but down, and the very fact everyone's recommending them tells you to get out of 'em!


But here's what was actually said at the end, based on my tape of the show:

Neil Cavuto: My own Fox on the Spot: Oil stocks. I think they're priced for nirvana and there's nowhere for them to go but down, and the very fact that everyone's recommending them, well Jim Rogers, you told me this, go the other way, right?

Jim Rogers: Well, I happen to think you're probably right for the short term, but only for the short to medium term.