Monday, August 15, 2005

Moneytalk Freak Show.

Man, what a Freak Show on Bob Brinker's Moneytalk radio show this weekend.

I didn't catch all of it, but the parts that I did were mostly about oil, and included appearances by (I kid you not):

- The woman who's brother invented the 100 mile per gallon carburetor that the auto companies bought and are suppressing. (Yeah, yeah, I know, fuel injection and all.. But the woman sounded so sincere.)

- A guy who's boss invented the engine with 2 moving parts that gets 200 miles per gallon. (I forget what happened here, I was only half listening. Was it the neo-cons or the Arab League suppressing this one?)

There were various other solutions to the oil problem, and a guy who asked Bob Brinker if he believed in Peak Oil, to which Bob replied something like "Absolutely!" I found that a rather strange admission, since Bob gives his caller's little advice on oil investments, except for maybe "I wouldn't invest with oil at $65."

Anyway, be advised that we seem to have hit the sentiment tipping point. Moneytalk callers were mostly focused on real estate lately, and now they're talking oil.

Is it the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning? (And of what? Oil? Real estate?)